For Christians, stewardship means managing and leveraging our resources to advance Jesus’s kingdom. God desires that we steward well all that He has entrusted to us. This includes our time, talent and treasure. STEWARD helps us consider our treasure. It is about getting financially healthy so that we can live generously.
S – Start Your Journey to Financial Health (Step 1)
· Start saving $1,000.
T – Take Ownership (Step 2)
· Check your credit report.
· Insure against financial disaster (home/renters, health, life, disability, etc.).
· Pay off debts (except mortgage). You can use the Debt Snowball tool found here.
E – Expect the Unexpected (Step 3)
· Save three to six months of living expenses in an emergency fund.
W – Watch the Clock (Step 4)
· Invest 15 percent gross income toward retirement.
A – Advance Your Financial Health (Step 5)
· Increase your giving percentage.
· Save for college.
· Identify other 5 to 10-year financial goals (home, car, vacation, etc.).
R – Reside Debt-free (Step 6)
· Pay off your mortgage.
D – Determine How God Wants to Use Your Financial Health (Step 7)
· Go where God calls you to go. Give to what and where God calls you to give.
What are your next steps?
What’s your plan for others to hold you accountable?