Now as a concession, not a command, I say this. I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another. To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single, as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion. - 1 Corinthians 7:6-9
1. Singleness and marriage are both good gifts, each with their own unique benefits.
Your goal, whether single or married, is to leverage your life to give glory and honor to Jesus.
Questions to ask yourself:
- In what ways am I selfishly focused on myself and my own happiness?
- Where am I believing culture’s views about romance instead of trusting Jesus?
2. When romance becomes God, disappointment will follow.
Check out Genesis 29 for a case study.
3. We need to find contentment in God’s love that will never disappoint.